Weather Travel
Search Site Web
Home What's new History Our Area Districts Photo Gallery Features Memories Genealogy Webshop Advertisers Miscellany Links Business

Districts

Ancient Deeds

North Anston

6 Aug. 1301. Grant by John Woderoue of Herthill ( Harthill) to Thomas his son, of the toft and croft with buildings thereon, which John Pete held of the grantor at will, in the town of Northanstan, between the toft formerly of Nicholas Balne on the north, and the king's high road on the south. Also of 3 half-roods of land in the field of the same town, viz. : one half-rood on le Flattelandes abutting at one end on the land formerly of Nicholas son of Elias and at the other on the land formerly of Nicholas le Balne ; one half-rood at Scownelstye abutting at one end on the king's high road and at the other on the land formerly of John Lewayn ; and one half rood on le Toftes abutting at one end on the land formerly '... asculii le Maundevers' and at the other on the land formerly of Adam le Mey; paying the lawful service to the lord of the fee : Witnesses: Elias Tanator of Northanestan, John son of Lyon of the same, Adam, son of Elias Tanator, William de Lawton ( Laughton), Thomas son of Alexander Achard, Thomas Faber, Adam de Birton clerk. Dated at Northanestan, Sunday before the feast of St. Laurence, 29 Edw.

South Anston

Quitclaim by Richard the clerk of Bethton (Beighton?) to Wm. son of Cecilia de Totewik ( Todwick) of his right in 4s. rent paid by him for half an oxgang in the town and fields of Anstan. Witnesses: Hascull de Anstan, Wm. son of John of the same, Wm. de Westfeld, Matthew de Aston, Elias the clerk, Wm. Bonet, Robert his brother.

↑ Top

About Anston

« Places